The project aims at supporting the Lebanese Government in its efforts to move towards a low carbon/emission economy, as well as provide a directive for national adaptation activities leading to a coordinated national low emission climate resilient development strategy.
- Start Date: March 2013
- Expected End Date: 2015
- Funded by: Lebanon Recovery Fund, a Lebanese Government led programme established on the occasion of the Stockholm Conference
- Managed by: UNDP-Lebanon
- Executed by: Ministry of Environment
- Budget: 500,000 USD
The project aims at supporting the Lebanese government in its efforts to move towards a low carbon/emission economy, as well as provide a directive for a national adaptation activities leading to a national low emission climate resilient development strategy.
Achievements and Expected Results
- Engagement of public institutions in continuous planning/decision making on climate change issues;
- Identify and develop Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) and pilot demonstration adaptation projects;
- Engagement of Lebanon in the international climate change arena and promoting new national and international financial mechanisms.
Target Groups / Beneficiaries
Government of Lebanon (through the concerned ministries), Public and Private sector.
Project Manager: Vahakn Kabakian
Address: Ministry of Environment, Azarieh Bldg., 7th
Fl., room 7-44
Phone: +961-1-976555 ext 475